Friday, October 16, 2009

Curriculum Vitae

Sarah Catherine Lane
Date of birth: 02/02/91

About Me:

My secondary school was Queen Elizabeth High School in Carmarthen, where I was a pupil from 2002 to 2009. During these years I engaged in many school activities. This included being a part of the netball and hockey team where I competed against many schools in the county. I was also a part of  the Celtic Enterprise team two years running. This was a great learning experience and I picked up many skills, such as working in a team, using I.T, public speaking. Building on these skills as enabled me to be the person I am today. Another activity was working with 'The Young Americans'. They came to my school during the summer of 2003 and was a three day programme of singing, dancing and acting. This was a huge confidence build at the time and especially helped during the awkward stages of secondary school. http://www.youngamericans.org/

Skills:

A good listener,
Working well with others,
Hardworking,
Honest,
Reliable,

Education:

UWIC (Media Studies with Visual Cultures) - September 2009 - 2012
Queen Elizabeth High School - September 2002 - 2009
Johnstown C.P School 1995 - 2002

Qualifications:

A Levels


English Language/Literature - C
Art - C
Law - C

Ten GCSE's all A - C grade


Driving Test!

I passed my driving test at the start of October, 2008. Although it has been a year, it does sometimes feel like I'm learning everytime I get in the car.


Employment:

Mansion House Pantyathro (2006 - 2009)
Farmers Arms Pub  (2005 - 2006)
Sticks Hotel (2005 - 2006)
Innisfree Holidays (2005 - 2006)

My most recent job is waitressing at a hotel and restaurant. Where I would work most weekends during the year serving at functions such as weddings, anniversarys and birthdays (even christmas day on one occasion) in the main rooms of the hotel.

I started having a part-time job from about the age of fourteen, where I would waitress in the local pub and mostly help out in the kitchen. From this I then went onto work at a villa complex on the sea front of my local beach, where I worked as a cleaner. However, I found the work quite exhausting and the pay was not exactly brilliant. I have had some odd jobs, like working at a burger van which was situated on the building site of the new Tesco Extra in Carmarthen.

Work Experience:

September 2008 - Carmarthen Journal
June 2006           - Llansteffan Primary School
2005/06              - Trading Standards

The most recent work experience I have had was with my local newspaper, The Carmarthen Journal. This gave me a really good insight into what is involved. I even had the chance to write articles, which would then be featured in the paper for the following week. From this I learnt how much pressure is involved in publishing a weekely newspaper. It even showed me how important a concise and accurate style is required for journalistic writing. I really enjoyed working in that sort of environment, though sometimes I did feel a little under pressure.

In 2006, I attended Llansteffan Primary School as part of my year ten work experience. I felt that undertaking this would help to decide it was was a career I wanted to pursue.

Aside from part-time jobs, I have worked voluntarily for Carmarthenshire County Council, which I took part in during 2005 and 2006. As I would take part in 'sting operations' by purchasing alcohol from shops for Trading Standards as a young volunteer.




No comments:

Post a Comment